Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Wednesday, March 23

THE BEACH BOYS - MUZIK NEWZ Ago2daY by Netty Mac

THE BEACH BOYS released their second album 'Surfin' U.S.A." today in 1963. This was their second album and it was quite different than the first.
Brian Wilson's writing was night and day better and also they incorporated improved vocal arrangements along with the method of Double Tracking and THIS is what enhanced The Beach Boys' signature sound. "Surfin' U.S.A survived 78 weeks on the Charts and peaked at #2. Who cares if your song makes number one! I could only dream of my song lasting for 78 weeks on the Charts. This would never happen in today's market, but at the same token there is not a darn thing wrong with dreamin' right? Better yet Surfin' - maybe I should use expression from now on? What are you thinkin' bout Netty? reply: "just surfin'"...uh-hug Keeper!


Okay, so get this! 'Surfin' U.S.A.' was challenged by Chuck Berry. He claimed that Brian Wilson wrote the song by stealing his song 'Sweet Little Sixteen'. Chuck Berry won the lawsuit claiming that it was note-for-note theft. Berry won the lawsuit and was granted both the Writing rights AND the royalties from the Album. I am curious how much moolah this really was. In consideration of 78 weeks on the Charts I am certain the payout was not chump-change! Here is a great site I found that provides both songs for you to listen to (what on earth was Brian thinking?... He actually plead innocent!:




http://soundsjustlike.com/the-beach-boys-surfin-usa-sounds-like-chuck-berrys-sweet-little-sixteen/





I grew up on The Beach Boys and have such fond memories of when I was a young girl. I used to set in the prairie and pretend that it was the ocean and I was sitting there on the beach and I would sing my face off! I think about it today and really I can't help but LMAO! lol I think that their music is timeless and just plain fun! It is simple, real and exudes HUGE days ahead.

Cheerz & have a HUGE day!!
Chow Mein Noodle
Netty

No comments:

Post a Comment