Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Monday, April 11

LEE ANN WOMACK - MUZIK NEWZ Ago2daY

Today in 2001 Lee Ann Womack's Album hits double-platinum with her single "I Hope You Dance". I rank this song in my top 20 songs of all time; the writing and instrumental hooks are absolutely amazing!!
The song "I Hope You Dance" was a very successful crossover song hitting #1 on the Billboard Country Chart and the Top 15 of the Billboard Hot 100 at number 14. In consideration that Lee Anne Womack' music was most often compared to Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette, it was a great statement for Country Music when she hit the Billboard Hot 100 list.

By the end of 2000, "I Hope You Dance" won the Country Music Association's "Song of the Year" and "Single of the Year" awards. With it's pop success Lee Anne also made the covers of People and time Magazine. I think one of the Hugest events that happened for Lee Ann was that in December of 2000 she performed "I Hope You Dance" at the annual Nobel Peace Prize concert. You know you have an amazing song WHEN you are singing it at the Nobel Peace Prize concert!


I DARE you to not like this video! (BTW - the two children in the video are Lee Ann's - how Kewl is that?!):




Lee Anne Womack hit the goldmine with "I Hope You Dance" and justifiably so. She is a very talented Artist in my books and her awards speak for themselves: 3 Acadamy of Country Music Awards, American Music Award, 4 Country Music Association Awards, Grammy Award, Billboard Music Award, British Country Music Award


No comments:

Post a Comment