Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Wednesday, May 25

THE HOLLIES - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

Today in 1969 The Hollies recorded 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" with Mr. Piano himself: Elton John. The song was written and recorded in 1969 by Kelly Gordon. That same year the Hollies released the song and it hit No. 7 on the U.S Charts and No. 3 on the UK Charts. The Bands name history is exactly what it implies - they named themselves after Buddy Holly. The Hollies were best known for their harmony vocals.


The next year, Neil Diamond recorded and released the song as well. Neil Diamonds version went to No. 20 the Charts. I really can't decide which version I prefer. Here is Neils - which one do you prefer? Please enter a comment below at the end of this Blog. (Even if you are shy - that is okay - I have set up the comments so that you may provide feedback anonymously!! - I truly would love to hear your feedback folks.) The Hollies version and Neil Diamonds version are so very different. In my humble opinion - Neils version has more meaning because it has been slowed down - what do you think?:



The Hollies are one of the few British Pop groups that have not broken up as a Band and continue to play today. I know how I feel about My Boyz after only a couple of years, I can't even imagine the love in that group after 4 decades! How kewl is that hey that they are still touring and shakin their stuff on stage? The Hollies were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010.


My personal fave of the Hollies is Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress.  I used to think for years that it was CCR that was singing it! Smokin tune in my opinion and a very rare tune for the Hollies as well as there are no 3-part harmonies as per 99% of their material AND claim to fame foundation.



 Please share on Facebook - Link is below

Your feedback / comments would ROCK!

 I am so very proud to update the Netty Mac Train now has:  23, 270 FANS in 108 Country's

Cheerz & have a HUGE day!!
Chow Mein Noodle!!!!
Netty xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment