Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Monday, February 18

Ray Charles improvised his way to Super Star

Today on February 18, 1959 Ray Charles put his name on the map.  Ray was playing a gig and ripped through his set list and still had time to play but no songs left (I have so been there!) so he decided to improvise. He jammed out a song and his amazing band and backup singers just went with the wind and the crowd went crazy! The crowd was so overwhelming that Ray went to his producer after the show and advised that he wanted to record the song. Well, it was history in the making as it was that song that just came out of nowhere: 'What I'd Say' that catapulted Ray Charles to mainstream radio and subsequent international stardom. Here is the vid - the energy on and off stage is so captivating for me:



Ray Charles is a household name I am certain of that. I have been a fan of his music for as long as I can remember. In writing this blog today I learned that it was Ray and this very song; 'What I'd Say' that evolved to become the new Soul Music Genre.  How kewl that a song that transpired out of sheer improvisation took Ray Charles music to the world and also created a new genre? I would venture as to say that this feat would be just short of a miracle to happen today. When I get Netty Mac out there to the world, wouldn't it be kewl to create the genre Country Rock 'n Roll?

Ray Charles has that star quality about him that I absolutely adore. The way he moves, speaks and performs moves me HUGE! Really though, look at the charisma in this picture. I would have to say that my favorite all-time song of Ray Charles song would have to be 'You Are My Sunshine' - Ray is the KING of making cover songs his own!! His version is so 'bounce in yer bum' material. I have also taken this song and NettyFIED it. It is about 250 beats per minute! lol I have such a blast performing 'You Are My Sunshine'. I actually call out in the mic prior to performing: 'Would anyone out there like to make me a bet that every single person in this room knows the words to this next song? That's right; it don't matter if you still smell like pee or if you are blue hair - everyone knows this next song..." Folks in the crowd always laugh at my 'pee' expression. he he he - I have to admit that it always makes me giggle a bit too.  I will record my version of the song in the very near future, however in the interim here is Ray's kik-buttox version and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:

 

I am so very proud to update the Netty Mac Train now has:  52, 765 FANS in 178 Country's   

Jump on the Netty Mac FACEBOOK Train: Facebook Link 

Jump on the Netty Mac TWITTER Train: Twitter Link

Jump on the Netty Mac GOOGLE+ Train: Google+ Link

Jump on the Netty Mac YouTube Train YouTube Link

Jump on the Netty Mac MySpace Train MySpace Link

Jump on the FACEBOOK BLOG: Netty Mac Music Mania Link

Cheerz & have a HUGE day!!
Cyber-HugZ to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment